SelfCAD is not loading. What can I do?
Here are some suggestions:
- Try reloading or refreshing the page
- Try clearing the browser’s cache
- If neither of these suggestions works, please contact us.
I can't access MyMiniFactory. I am using the same login information I used for SelfCAD but keep getting an error message. Am I doing something wrong?
To access MyMiniFactory's object library in SelfCAD, you must first create an account on the MyMiniFactory website. You then sign into MyMiniFactory using the credentials (username and password) associated with this account. SelfCAD and MyMinifactory are partners but as they are different websites, they both have their own signup and membership protocols.
I have registered but didn't receive a verification email. What do I do?
Please check the junk folder of your email service provider. If the email is not there, click ‘Resend Email’. If, however, you have already closed the page, try logging in again. You will see a button ‘Resend Verification Email’. Click on this. If any of these suggestions don’t work, and you fail to receive the verification email, please contact us.
My model has huge resolution and it takes a long time to add changes to it. How to lower its level of detail? Simplify keeps breaking it.
Please use 'Resolution' in 'Modify' and lower the amount of detail. You can see it demonstrated here.
After a while, my brushes stop working during sculpting. Is it a bug? How to fix it?
Don't worry, it's not a bug. During sculpting, you're likely to change the size of the individual faces of the sculpture, which likely causes the issue. To solve this problem, you have to hit the Remesh button, which will rebuild the 3D Model and recreate the faces.
Watch a video demonstrating remesh here.
Editor says it's 'Offline'. How to get it back 'Online'?
You should fix your internet connection first, and once you're back online, reload the application or restart the browser.
SelfCAD is running slow on my computer. What are the system requirements for SelfCAD? Are there any tricks to improve SelfCAD’s performance on my computer?
There are a few common ways to make SelfCAD run faster without upgrading the computer itself. Here are some suggestions:
- Close all the applications you are currently not using
- Close all other browser tabs
- If you can upgrade your PC or laptop, then this may help to speed up the application. The main ways to increase overall performance are as follows: 1) increase of the amount of installed RAM, e.g. from 4 GB to 16 GB; 2) replace the hard drive with a solid-state disk drive (SSD drive). You may also add an SSD drive to act in tandem with your current hard drive, and then move the virtual memory to the new SSD drive. If these directions seem a little complicated and overwhelming, please contact a computer specialist or take your computer to a local computer store to see if there is something they can do to improve your computer’s performance.
I’ve logged into SelfCAD, but it says that the 3D graphics required to use the program are not supported by either my system or my browser. What should I do?
Some combinations of operating systems and video card drivers are “blacklisted” by certain browsers. These combinations are blacklisted because the drivers crash often and cause internal errors. To work around these issues, you may have to implement one of the following suggestions:
- Try updating your browser.
- Try installing a different browser (Firefox, Chrome or Safari)
- Try updating your video card drivers, if possible
- Check in the browser settings that WebGL features are enabled. Some browser versions have these features disabled by default.
I got a bug! What should I do?
Report it using "Report an issue" button. You can find it in Help Center, right upper corner of the screen, between 'My Profile' and "Full-Screen Mode'. You can also watch this tutorial.
Alternatively, please email email@example.com.