Discover the World of 3D
- SelfCAD doesn’t require months of training, nor is it limited to professional engineers and mathematicians.
- SelfCAD was designed by a creative and forward-thinking team, with the goal of simplifying the user interface and the overall 3D design and printing process. We have created a powerful software package that is intuitive, easy to use and easy to learn, especially for beginners.
- SelfCAD believes that 3D CAD software, in addition to being intuitive and easy to use, should still include advanced tools for modeling, sculpting, and preparation for 3D printing, to ensure that the design process is as real-world and authentic as possible and presents no barriers to creativity.
3D printing is for everyone
- SelfCAD does not believe in teaser products. You can modify existing designs, or model new, complex objects, without ever being required to purchase additional software.
- SelfCAD has partnered with MyMiniFactory to provide users a database of already completed 3D designs; making thousands of 3D objects available for immediate printing.
- SelfCAD’s mission is to ensure that 3D design and printing is accessible to everyone. Of course, this includes professional designers; but it also includes hobbyists and students who have little to no prior experience using CAD/CAM software. In addition to its ease-of-use, SelfCAD’s incredibly low entry price point ensures that it is accessible to all.
Use right in your browser
- SelfCAD is an online, browser-based CAD/CAM platform which allows the user to model, sculpt, slice and print online. Furthermore, users do not have to spend months learning a range of complex software, nor pay hundreds of dollars for the privilege. Users can create and print objects in a fraction of the time that would be required with traditional CAD/CAM software programs.
- To prepare a shape for 3D printing, it’s important to check each layer of the object with a slicing tool. SelfCAD allows the user to do exactly that with its in-built slicing function. The slicer includes pre-set profiles, so users can simply select a profile, customize the design’s support structure and infill, or choose from many other of the application’s advanced settings.
- SelfCAD allows users to save their designs to cloud-based servers and easily share their designs with others. No need to worry about leaving a flash drive at home! Gone are the days of losing an object or design because it was created on a different device. SelfCAD also mitigates the cost, time and effort associated with moving large files.