Simple Design: 3D Printable Apple
3D Designing a Simple Apple
In this step by step, we are going to learn how to 3D design a 3D printable apple in SelfCAD. With the help of our Shape Generator tool, you will be able to create a shape that can not be found in the Basic Shapes section. Use our Image Generator tool and convert an image into a part of a 3D model! Set the material and color of your choice - it’s all up to you. Let’s see how fun 3D modeling can be!
Make sure you have signed up and launched the editor. Not a subscriber yet? Click here to start a free trial.
Ready, Set, GO!
- Create a section and select the Shape Generator tool.
- Set the bottom radius to 20 and the top to 30 respectively, select Fill. Set the angle to 360 degrees and the number of edges and height to 8 and 10 respectively.
- Add Segment on top of your shape. Set only the top radius to 50.
- Add another segment, set the radius top to 60. Continue adding segments, set the top radius to 70 and height to 30.
- Continue adding segments until you reach a satisfying look.
- Use Polygon Selection, Move, and Scale to correct the shape.
- Apply Round Corners to make the model smoother and more detailed.
- Use Spline Drawing to draw a stalk. Set size to 3 and number of edges to 50, finalize the shape.
- Use Polygon Selection, Move, and Scale to adjust the shape and place the stalk on the apple.
- To create a leaf, use our Image Generator tool. Upload your image, turn Backside, and Symmetry on. Set the amount to 2 and finalize the shape.
- Select and delete the background using Polygon Selection.
- Go Sculpt -> Smoothing Brush to smooth a leaf and the whole model. Scale and Move the leaf to the apple.
- Change the Color and add Material to your model to finalize the look.
Your 3D printable apple is ready!
To print your model go File -> 3D Print.
Enjoy creating with SelfCAD!
Do you want to learn 3D modeling? Check out our interactive tutorials.
Haven't tried SelfCAD yet? Register now, and try it out for free!